fire in secretariat-jammu-darbar-move

Rest room of a Cabinet min caught fire on the opening day of Darbar Move offices in Jammu

A minor fire, probably caused due to short circuit in the ceiling lights of rest room of Urban Development Minister Rigzin Zora, broke out on the occasion of reopening of Darbar move offices in Jammu on Monday.

The incident was reported minutes after the formal guard of honour and routine press conference in the lawns of civil secretariat complex got over and Chief Minister along with his cabinet colleagues had just moved inside the building.

Barring minor burn injuries to three persons, who initially tired to contain the fire, no one was hurt seriously in the fire incident.

According to official sources, fire alarm was raised by the office staff of the UDD Minister around 10.35 a.m and the security personnel immediately alerted the fire unit in the premises to rush to the spot.

The secretariat employees who were moving towards their offices stayed out of their rooms and those who were present on the floor rushed out of the building after the fire alarm was raised.

Chief Minister and other ministers present in the building stayed back to avoid any confusion.

After preliminary assessment of the rest room of the minister the security personnel claimed the fire could have started due to short circuit in the ceiling lights of the room and destroyed other furniture. The employees later moved inside the building after the firemen called off their operations. 

A major fire was reported in the civil secretariat complex in Srinagar in July this year in which several office records were gutted and the building too was destroyed extensively.

Check Also

Hari Om-BJP

Hari Om demands expulsion of BJP MLAs who protested against discriminatory policies of PDP-led coalition govt

The expelled BJP leader Prof Hari Om on Sunday claimed that he stood completely vindicated …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *