High points of the manifesto
- If voted to power Congress party will constitute two fully empowered regional councils,one for Jammu and the other for Kashmir.
- Congress also proposes separate Development councils operating under the umbrella of regional councils one for Chenab valley and another for Peer Panchal Valley will be set up.
- The party will also constitute development committee for hilly areas of Kashmir region.
- The congress party remains committed to introducing a bill in the new legislative assembly seeking constitution of delimitation commission for delimiting the assembly constituencies as per the law.
- After the elections the first priority will be to strengthen and fully establish all the remaining tiers of Panchayati Raj system including their financial stabiity by way of setting up of Finance commission for Panchayats.
- It is also an imperative for the congress party to hold elections to the Municipal corporations and other local bodies in the state.